Varicose veins are a disease of the blood vessels in which their walls become thinner. As a result, the veins lengthen and expand, pathological nodes form, and blood flow is disturbed. Varicose veins in the legs are most often diagnosed. But the hands often suffer. There are also varicose veins of the uterus in women, testicles in men. It is not easy to normalize the situation; often it is necessary to resort to a surgical intervention. But in the initial stages of the development of the disease, varicose veins can be treated with folk remedies.
Alternative medicine knows many ways to strengthen and restore blood vessels. It is about diets, exercise, various decoctions, infusions, compresses. All of them are more harmless than pharmaceutical preparations, which is why many people prefer to make only natural remedies. But it is important to remember that in advanced situations, traditional medicine can only be used as an auxiliary. In any case, such treatment must be agreed with the doctor.
Behavioral characteristics of a person suffering from varicose veins
When treating varicose veins and thrombophlebitis with home remedies and more traditional methods, a person must adhere to a certain lifestyle. The fact is that it is behavioral errors that often lead to the development of the disease, and they must be eliminated.
What to look for first:
- Clothes. Tight jeans and tight belts make it harder for blood to pass through your veins. It is better to choose shoes with small heels. Studs and a completely flat sole make the situation with varicose veins in the lower extremities worse.
- Physical activity. She should be present in life, but in moderation. Heavy loads are excluded, but complete passivity will also cause damage. Regular walks in the fresh air, cycling, swimming in the pool are recommended. If the work is sedentary, you need to take frequent breaks - get up and take at least a few steps around the room. The chair or chair should be as comfortable as possible. Sitting for a long time especially aggravates the situation of pelvic varicose veins.
- Water treatments. Hot baths for this disease are extremely undesirable, but a contrast shower should be taken more often, as it improves blood circulation.
- Cosmetic procedures. It is better to refuse electrolysis and waxing.
- Bad habits. Alcohol and smoking significantly aggravate the situation of varicose veins.
In the course of treatment with home remedies for reticular varicose veins of the lower extremities and other parts of the body, proper nutrition alone can slow down the process. And, perhaps, no more funds will be needed. And in more serious ways, a therapeutic diet will speed up the healing process.
The patient's diet must be abundant:
- vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C;
- shellfish, seaweed;
- foods rich in fiber;
- rose hips, gooseberries, gooseberries;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley, dill;
- offal (liver, heart, tongue).
It is recommended to unsubscribe from:
- salt: exclude it at least during the active treatment period or minimize it;
- fried, smoked;
- meat (especially pork);
- canned food;
- pickled dishes;
- strong tea;
- sweets and sugar.
For varicose veins, you should drink plenty of clean (not carbonated) water. Green and herbal teas are also helpful. It is advisable to start the meal with a light vegetable salad seasoned with vegetable oil. And you should finish it while still feeling a little hungry. Overeating is very harmful for vascular diseases.
With advanced varicose veins, treatment with folk remedies and other methods should be arranged using special underwear.
Compression stockings, stockings, knee-high socks, leggings, and other knitwear compress enlarged veins, increasing pressure and accelerating blood flow. This significantly reduces the risk of blood clots.
This underwear should be selected under the supervision of a doctor. In terms of effect, there are different types of compression stockings. For prevention purposes, weaker pressure is required and, in the later stages of varicose veins, higher pressure.
Usually the shirt is put on in the morning, right after waking up, and removed before going to bed. But you can't wear it all day.
Compression underwear is contraindicated for cardiopulmonary insufficiency, atherosclerosis, orthoarteritis, pressure ulcers, dermatitis, skin allergies, open wounds. It is prescribed with caution to people suffering from diabetes.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of gymnastics in treating varicose veins, which often result from a sedentary lifestyle. Special exercises improve the flow of blood and lymph through the vessels, tone and strengthen their walls, normalize blood pressure and make the person more resistant. Gymnastics is especially suitable for those who spend a lot of time in a sitting position. Experts recommend doing it in the morning and at night, dedicating thirty minutes for it.
Exercises for different types of ailments:
- With practically all types of varicose veins, this exercise is shown: in a prone position, bend one lower limb and pull it towards the chest; then straighten, pull up and hold for a few seconds. Then lower yourself down and repeat the same movements with the other leg.
- In addition, an exercise is considered universal, during which you must, sitting on a chair and resting your heels on the floor, perform full movements with your toes.
- Suitable for all patients and "swallow". Stand up, straighten up, stand on your toes and spread your arms. Then exhale and bring one leg back. Repeat the same with the other limb.
- With leg varicose veins, it is useful to perform a very simple exercise: lie down on a hard surface, placing a pillow under your feet. At the same time, it is important to relax as much as possible, close your eyes, breathe deeply and evenly. Lie down like this for 10-15 minutes.
- In treating home remedies for varicose veins of the small pelvis (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries), "cycling" exercise will help. Lying on your back, you should perform rotational movements with your feet, imitating a walk. It is also recommended to do "scissors" regularly, which involves crossed movements (horizontal and vertical) of the legs in the prone position.
- Men who suffer from varicose veins of the testicles are shown to stand on tiptoe more often, stay in this position for about 20 seconds, and then abruptly "land" on their heels. This will allow you to fight congestion in the veins of the genital organ.
Traditional medications should be used in conjunction with diet, exercise, and lifestyle adjustments. They are gentler than pharmaceuticals and much cheaper. Of course, it is far from always possible to get by only with popular recipes. In advanced cases, this is excluded. But even in the most difficult situations, they will not be superfluous.
The main goal of traditional medicine is to prevent congestion in the veins. For this, various decoctions, ointments, creams, compresses and other homemade medicines are used. The recipes of the most effective are given below.
Medicinal tinctures during the treatment of varicose veins have both internal and external use.
The following tools have worked well:
- Kalanchoe effectively treats vascular diseases of the lower extremities. The leaves of this plant should be crushed, filled with medical alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio and left for a while, hermetically closing the container. After a couple of days, the tincture can be rubbed into the affected skin. The vascular mesh will disappear.
- Horse chestnut is used in the treatment of varicose veins of the uterus with home remedies. You will need 50 grams of its flowers, which you must fill with vodka or alcohol. Insist for 14 days, shaking occasionally. Take 2 tablespoons by mouth three times a day a few minutes before meals. The duration of the course is one week.
- Another prescription for the treatment of pelvic pathologies (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries) is a tincture of a mixture of herbs. You need to take in equal proportions dandelion root, horsetail, knuckle, chamomile, motherwort and clover and combine all this (you can buy a ready-made collection at the pharmacy). 2 tablespoons of the mixture are poured into 0. 5 liters of boiling water and left in a thermos overnight. Take orally four times a day, 50 grams.
- With varicose veins of the testicles in men, treatment with home remedies consists of taking an infusion of birch and strawberry leaves, sweet clover and oat straw. All this is crushed, mixed in a 1: 1 ratio, and then a tablespoon of the collection is poured into 600 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes. Pressure. Drink 0. 25 glasses three times a day before meals. The duration of the course is one month.
Compresses act on varicose veins no worse than tinctures. A variety of ingredients are used to prepare them. Most of them are always at hand.
These are the simplest and most affordable recipes:
- Tomato compress.Fresh vegetables are finely chopped and applied with gauze to the affected area. You can secure the compress with an elastic bandage. Keep for a couple of hours. Then updating, repeat two more times. The procedure is harmless and suitable for daily use.
- Cabbage compress.This requires a regular vegetable. A leaf of white cabbage should be greased with soap and applied to a sore spot, which should first be sprinkled with soda. Secure with a bandage, leave overnight.
- Alcohol compress.Moisten the warm socks with vodka, put them on the steamed limbs. Leave it overnight. The product effectively improves blood circulation.
Various types of decoctions are used mainly to relieve pain. They are especially effective when it comes to internal forms of the disease (for example, varicose veins of the uterus), and the use of external agents is impossible.
- Nettle tea.Two tablespoons of crushed dried plant are poured into 200 ml of water and brought to a boil. Cool naturally and drink a quarter glass three times a day. The duration of the course is one month.
- Calendula broth.Pour a couple of tablespoons with a glass of water and bring to a boil. You can add honey during the cooling process for flavor. Let steep for 30 minutes and drink a couple of hours before breakfast. You can drink the next glass after a couple of hours. And so on several times a day. The course of treatment is one month.
Fixation and rubbing treatment
When treating varicose veins with folk remedies at the initial stage, rubbing and applying is actively used. They help remove the "cobweb" from blood vessels and slow down the development of the disease.
Here are several ways:
- One of the most effective remedies against the appearance of varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. It is diluted in the amount of 2 tablespoons with a glass of water, then moistened with gauze and applied to the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Boil the potato skins. They are then cooled, ground and applied to the "star" of the glasses for a couple of hours.
- You can also boil a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of chamomile or wormwood. Rub into affected skin after cooling.
Home remedies are good for various diseases in the early stage. Compared with the methods of traditional medicine, they have a gentler effect on the body, have fewer side effects and contraindications. They are actively used in the case of vascular pathologies: varicose veins of the uterus, lower and upper extremities, testicles. Especially at the beginning of the development of these ailments.
It is imperative that you consult with your physician for the best result. He will tell you which tools are the most appropriate to use in a particular situation. When using traditional medicine, you need to be patient. They work more slowly than synthetic drugs. But regular procedures will certainly work.