Varicose veins or varicose veins is a disease that rejuvenates every year and is one of the urgent problems of our time. If in the initial stages of development the pathology is not too scary, its progression threatens with serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins did make themselves felt, it is very important to start fighting them immediately and not wait until the disease takes effect. As a treatment in the initial stage, as well as as prevention of varicose veins, traditional medicine has proven itself very well, so we will talk about treating the disease at home.
What are varicose veins?
Before starting to tackle a problem by various means, it is important to understand what type of disease we are talking about, what are the mechanisms of its development. Varicose veins signify a pathological process accompanied by a deformation of the vessels responsible for transporting blood to the heart.
Deformation, as its name implies, means expansion, but also elongation of the vein, thinning of its walls, as well as disruption of the venous valve system, which allows the blood to rise, overcoming the force of gravity.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous by a violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, which disrupts systemic circulation and stagnation occurs in the veins themselves. The more developed the disease, the more serious the consequences, up to the formation of subcutaneous hematomas and trophic ulcers, the development of thrombophilia. In most cases, the disease develops in the vessels of the legs, since the lower extremities are subjected to heavy loads.
Activities aimed at strengthening the vascular wall
Taking into account all the above, it is logical to assume that to prevent the progression of varicose veins it is necessary to stop the deformation process, this can be done by strengthening the vascular wall. Therefore, we will now consider various techniques to achieve this goal and improve the condition of the patient as a whole.
Apple cider vinegar
One of the most common and effective remedies to treat varicose veins, however, it is very important to use natural apple cider vinegar and not to use flavored acetic acid (both options are freely available in stores, read the description carefullyIn the label). The recipes look like this:
- Immediately after bathing, just pour vinegar on your feet where the veins are swollen, then wait until the liquid is absorbed, you don't need to clean it. This procedure will help eliminate the feeling of heaviness and pain.
- Similarly, you can treat problem areas, rubbing vinegar in with light massaging movements. It is better to do this not after bathing, but before going to bed.
- A very effective method is wrapping: take 2-3 times a rolled cheesecloth, dip it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze it lightly and apply it to problem areas. Then wrap the legs over the gauze with a towel and wrap it with cling film on top. In this case, it is better to raise the legs above the level of the body. This procedure effectively removes swelling and unpleasant symptoms, lasts about 30 minutes, you do not need to wash your feet afterwards.
Horse chestnut against varicose veins
Another extremely effective and famous remedy to treat varicose veins, with which there are many recipes, we will consider the most effective:
- Tincture on vodka or rubbing alcohol: for cooking, you need 50 grams of fruits cut into small pieces, directly in the peel. Put them in a glass container, fill them with 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, then close the lid tightly and leave them in a cool and warm place for 14 days, remembering to stir occasionally. After the specified period, strain the tincture and take 15 drops before meals, three times a day, within 3 weeks.
- There is also a product for external use and to make it, 5 whole chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of inflorescences of this plant. Grind the indicated ingredients with a blender or coffee grinder, mix well with 500 milliliters of vegetable oil (sunflower oil is fine). Then soak the resulting mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait until it cools down and store it in the refrigerator in a glass container. The method of application is simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day on the problem areas of the legs.
Treating the disease with the most affordable vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes and cabbage, which can be actively used for external use, have long proven their effectiveness in treating varicose veins. The treatment methods in this case are the following:
- Tomato- Cut some tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet where you can see the swollen vessels. Then wrap your legs with some kind of cloth and do not tightly wrap an elastic bandage on top, the compress can be left on even overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic method and at the same time very good. You will need potato peels, which should also be applied on the legs with the light side down, you can simply apply an elastic bandage on top and do not remove the compress for 2-3 hours.
- Cabbageis used in a similar way to potatoes, but before applying them to the legs, it is necessary to make many small cuts in the leaves of this vegetable, tracing them with a knife. It is also recommended that the side of the cabbage leaf, which is adjacent to the leg, be lubricated with vegetable oil.
Perhaps, in folk medicine, there is no industry in which bee waste products are not used. Apitherapy means the use of propolis, honey, beeswax. In view of the fact that almost everyone has honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take a baking parchment and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, literally no more than 2 millimeters. Then put the honey canvas on the leg area where traces of varicose veins are visible and wrap it with cling film on top. The next layer of the compress is fixed with an elastic bandage, it should be kept on the leg for about two hours. However, in the course of therapy, which lasts 30 days, daily, in the absence of side effects on the skin, the application time increases by one hour. Lastly, the compress is applied overnight and removed only in the morning.
Application of laundry soap
Laundry soap is a natural product that, although it has an unpleasant odor, consists only of water, clay, sodium, and animal and vegetable fats. Thanks to this chemical composition, the soap helps to relieve swelling, inflammation, even to eliminate vascular "stars" and to prevent the appearance of trophic ulcers. You can fight varicose veins with laundry soap in different ways, but it is best to make ointments and compresses:
- To prepare a compress, you will need to insist 10 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in 250 milliliters of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass container with a tightly closed lid). After 2 days, 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces, are mixed into the resulting solution. Then moisten the folded gauze several times in the solution and put it on the problem area of the leg, keep it for no more than 60 minutes. This method will relieve pain, relieve inflammation, and also remove swelling.
- Ointment: in addition to soap, this recipe includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). Initially grate 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower or olive oil on the resulting shavings, then add propolis, honey and mix everything well. Now place the mixture in an enamel or glass bowl in a water bath and stir until the mixture is completely homogeneous. Once the salve is ready, place it in a resealable glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Rub the ointment daily in those places on your legs where varicose veins are visible, it is better to do this before going to bed, and in order not to stain your clothes or things, tie the treated area with a bandage.
The benefits of acacia flowers
White acacia flower tincture is very popular, which also effectively copes with varicose veins in the initial stages. To prepare it, take 100 grams of dried acacia color and pour the raw materials into a glass container with 500 milliliters of vodka, then put them in a cool, dark place for 21 days, remembering to stir from time to time. As soon as the time is up, a piece of grated lemon is added to the tincture and kept for another week. With the resulting tincture, you should clean your feet in the morning and at night in those places where varicose veins are located.
Of course, treating varicose veins at home, resorting only to the help of traditional medicine, is reasonable only in the early stages of the development of the disease. But even in this case, before using any remedies, it is worth consulting a doctor.
In addition, doctors also give a series of recommendations that, in combination with the chosen method of therapy, will improve the patient's condition and reduce the probability of developing pathology:
- Proper nutrition: it is very important to try to eat healthy foods, excluding fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty and acidic foods from the diet. To improve your condition, give preference to vegetables, diet meats, fermented dairy products, greens, and fruits. Beets, tomatoes, cabbage, sorrel, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, black currants are especially useful for varicose veins.
- You can stop the disease with the help of special compression stockings, in other words, patients with any form of varicose veins should wear compression underwear.
- Lead an active and mobile lifestyle, play sports, it is best to give preference to yoga, swimming, light gymnastics. Exercise every day or find a physical therapy instructor.
- You should also consult with your doctor about the use of medications, because in combination with traditional methods, such treatment will give much better results.