With the help of home remedies for varicose veins, you can stop the development of the disease for many years. They cannot be considered as an alternative to drug treatment, but they can help relieve edema and eliminate other negative phenomena with this ailment.
The effectiveness of the popular method
Home remedies for varicose veins help activate the hidden forces in the body and make it fight the disease on its own, but should not be considered a panacea for the disease. Many patients of the older generation begin the treatment of varicose veins with home remedies and then go to the doctor. You can not do that! First, you should always consult with a phlebologist, get recommendations from him on treatment, conduct blood tests to determine the level of platelets. All home remedies are designed to combat the cause of the development of varicose veins, but not the consequences, which is why they are effective in the early stages of the disease.
Nutmeg Recipe No. 1
Home remedies for varicose veins include recipes based on nutmeg. These fruits have gained popularity because they stimulate blood circulation. However, you should not consume more than one nutmeg per day. This will lead to intoxication of the body and the appearance of hallucinations. Nutmeg for varicose veins is used as follows:
- whole walnuts are ground to a powder state;
- 1/3 of a teaspoon of the resulting product is poured with 250 ml of boiling water;
- After the mixture has cooled, add a tablespoon of honey.
Have this broth just before breakfast. It is advisable to prepare a new portion every day, otherwise the essential oils in the product will fade, which will adversely affect its effectiveness. Some healers recommend preparing a vodka tincture with nutmeg. 200 grams of walnut powder are poured with 1 liter of vodka, the mixture is left to stand for 1 week. Take the drug 3 times a day, 20 drops 30 minutes before meals.
Recipe no. No. 2 based on honey and propolis
Honey compresses for varicose veins are a common way to normalize the condition of blood vessels. The fabric is smeared with honey and then applied to the leg. Plastic wrap is wrapped over the compress. If you are afraid that such a design will slip somewhere, you can put on tights or stockings on top. Compresses are recommended before going to bed. You can make propolis tincture according to the following recipe:
- 20 grams of propolis are crushed and 30 grams of gray jaundice, 0. 5 lemon are added together with the zest;
- the resulting mixture is poured with 300 ml of vodka and insisted for 3 weeks;
- The prepared infusion is used to rub the feet for a month.
Apitherapy for varicose veins is indicated for those who do not suffer from an allergy to bee stings. If the patient has a mild reaction to honey or propolis, this method of treating varicose veins cannot be used. The procedure is performed by a doctor. Plant a number of bees in a biologically active area. After the sting, the sting remains on the patient's body for some time, so that the venom completely penetrates the leg.
Recipe no. 3 green tomatoes
Green tomatoes are considered an excellent folk remedy for swollen legs with varicose veins. Doctors proposed the theory that an immature vegetable contains a higher amount of lycopene, so compresses from this plant perfectly relieve pain and reduce inflammation of the veins. The recipe itself is quite simple. Green tomatoes are cut into large pieces and applied to the venous nodes. It is recommended to secure the vegetables with a bandage. Keep the necessary compress until a burning sensation appears. Healers recommend performing the procedure at night.
Ginger Recipe No. # 4
The benefits of this plant are legendary! It is used to improve digestion, reduce weight, eliminate migraines, etc. To treat varicose veins on the legs with home remedies, you will need raw ginger root. Regular dry seasoning won't work.
One of the popular remedies for toning the body, improving blood flow and relieving fatigue is a tea made from this spice.
Brewing tea is quite easy: you have to cut a small piece from the root of the plant, pour boiling water over it and let it steep for ten to fifteen minutes. Take this remedy at a temperature that is comfortable for you. Ginger for varicose veins helps not only to cope with poor venous tone, but also activates the metabolism, which is why people who drink this type of tea gradually lose weight. A ginger compress is also effective for varicose veins. Prepare it as follows:
- The root is rubbed very finely.
- The resulting porridge is mixed with honey.
- The mixture is applied to inflamed veins for approximately three to four hours.
To enhance the effect of compresses, you can wrap cling film on top and then put on warm pants or lie under the blanket. The duration of treatment is one month.
Horse chestnut recipe n. # 5
Treating varicose veins at home with home remedies is rarely complete without the use of horse chestnut. A tincture is prepared based on the fruit of the plant. The raw material is crushed with a meat grinder to a porridge state, and then placed in a three-liter jar, filling it halfway with vodka. The mixture is infused for a month. The ratio of chestnuts and vodka should be one to three. Several times a week, while the mixture is being infused, it is shaken and then returned to its place.
A month later, the finished tincture is used to cleanse the veins damaged by varicose veins. Some healers recommend using the remedy internally, but before that you should consult a doctor, since chestnut is poisonous in itself and can cause bleeding, as it reduces blood clotting. The infusion can be given by mouth if you have exactly more platelets in your blood.
Viburnum Recipe # 6
As with ginger, the berries of the plant can be used to make a fortified drink or compress. The Viburnum compress for varicose veins is prepared as standard. The berries are ground to a porridge state, then the mixture is spread on a bandage or cotton cloth and then applied to the affected area. It is necessary to maintain such a composition for 8-9 hours, so it is recommended that the compress be done before going to bed. The preparation of the drink is very simple. 500 ml of juice is obtained from viburnum berries, and then 2 tablespoons of honey are added to the liquid. Allergic people can do without the last ingredient. Drink 2 tablespoons of the drink 4 times a day.
Recipe no. 7 based on mummy
This specific product is excellent for treating bloating and congestion. If you are not afraid of its unpleasant smell and high price, you can make mummy compresses for varicose veins. They only help well in the early stages of the disease. Mumiyo is mixed in a ratio of 1 to 5 with Vaseline. Mix the ingredients well until smooth. Rub the resulting ointment 3 times a day on the affected areas of the legs. Wash it off 1-2 hours after application. Some recommend consuming a mixture of mummy, honey, and milk. It is prepared in a ratio of 1: 6: 6. The therapy lasts 1 month.
Recipe no. Adam's apple 8
Maclu fruits are poisonous themselves. You can't eat them, like snake venom, but you can use them to create a homemade salve. You will need lard (lard), Adam's apples, and a glass water bath. The container is filled fifteen millimeters with melted bacon, and then the Adam's apple slices are placed in a ten millimeter layer. The procedure is repeated until all the ingredients are used up. The last layer should be lard. After that, the container is put on a simmer, the resulting mixture is heated, then filtered, cooled and used in place of ointment 2 times a day. Similarly, you can cook pumpkin for varicose veins.
Recipe no. # 9 lemon
Lemon treatment for varicose veins can be external and internal. Unfortunately, regular tea with this citrus will not help in any way to improve the tone of the veins, but pure lemon juice is a good way to prevent further vascular destruction. You can make a lemon compress. To do this, cut the citrus into circles and apply them to the affected areas. You should wear such a compress all day, changing the circles for new ones every 3-4 hours. Of course, for a firm fixation, the leg is wrapped in bandages.
Potato Recipe No. 10th
This folk remedy is the most affordable, as this tuber can be purchased at any vegetable store. The treatment of varicose veins in the legs in women with potatoes is carried out as follows:
- The root is washed, peeled, and then grated on a medium grater.
- The resulting porridge spreads to the place damaged by the disease.
- 8 layers of bandages or gauze are rolled over the potatoes, and then everything is fixed with plastic wrap.
The compress should be kept for approximately 4 hours. It is prepared with fresh potatoes. Potatoes are not suitable for these purposes.
Onion Recipe No. 11
It is the onion peel that is effective for varicose veins, and not the vegetable itself. You can use it to boost your immune system by eating it raw or preparing some meals with it. Onion skins can be prepared in one of the following ways:
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion peel are poured into 500 ml of boiling water. The mixture is infused for 6 hours and then filtered. Take it 3 times a day, 75 ml. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- 2 tablespoons of minced onion skin are poured into 100 ml of vodka. The mixture is infused for 7 days in a cool dark place. The resulting tincture is taken 20 drops per day, 3 times a day, 15 minutes before eating. The course of treatment is 14 days.
Recipe no. 12 fish oil based
Fish oil for varicose veins is usually taken by mouth. This product allows you to accelerate the metabolism and get rid of fluid stagnation in the extremities.
If, for one reason or another, you do not like to take such a remedy, then you can make a compress out of it. To do this, fish oil and honey are mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1. The resulting mixture is spread on a cotton cloth or gauze, and then the limb affected by varicose veins is bandaged. Healers recommend using mayo honey for the compress, but if you don't have it on hand, you can take any other variety.
Celery recipe n. 13
Treating leg veins with home remedies is not always easy. Celery is contraindicated for eating with varicose veins, but it can be added to carrot juice along with spinach.
Drink the resulting drink immediately. The ratio of carrot juice to other ingredients is 7: 3: 3.
Garlic Recipe No. 14
Garlic for varicose veins is effective in the form of compresses. In this recipe, healers directly use the composition of this plant. It contains many essential oils that naturally irritate the vascular walls. Prepare a garlic compress for varicose veins as follows:
- The garlic, together with the peel, is crushed to a pulp state.
- Add 1 to 2 butter to the finely chopped product.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- The resulting ointment is applied to the affected veins before going to bed and a bandage is placed on top. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Recipe no. 15 based on absinthe
Among the home remedies for leg varicose veins, those with absinthe in their composition are considered effective in the second stage of the disease. This plant promotes thinning of the blood, making it effective in the second stage of the disease. The plant also stimulates digestion, improves bile output from the liver, and improves overall metabolism. When used correctly, the plant contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microflora in the body. Wormwood for varicose veins can be used in different ways:
- The simplest recipe is to add 3 tablespoons of minced herbs to a 500 ml jar and then fill it to the top with vodka. You need to insist on the remedy for 14 days. Once the tincture is ready, it is used to lubricate the damaged areas of the legs.
- Sour milk is extracted from the plant for the compress. It is mixed with leaves and buds of absinthe. The result should be a mush. It is applied on the legs. The limbs are bandaged. It is recommended to make such a compress at night.
Although wormwood is one of the effective plants against varicose veins, it should not be used for thrombophlebitis.
Rosehip recipe n. 16
Popular recipes for varicose veins often include rosehip-based decoctions. In fact, this plant has a rich vitamin composition. It contains magnesium, phosphorus, essential oils and other beneficial substances. But by itself, rosehip with varicose veins will not force the body to regenerate. Rosehip tincture should be taken in small doses as it can lead to blood clots and arrhythmias. For this reason, it is possible to treat varicose veins with this plant only after official approval from a doctor. Doctors recommend treating rose hips in the following cases:
- with severe mental or physical fatigue;
- with exacerbation of cholecystitis, to facilitate the outflow of bile;
- if the skin is very scaly due to a vitamin deficiency;
- if you have digestive problems.
The tincture is not difficult to prepare. 15 grams of plants are poured with 500 ml of boiling water and then the broth is expected to cool.
Do not take this remedy on an empty stomach. It can only be consumed after meals. It is advisable to take about 100 ml of broth 3 times a day. For colds, you can add raspberries to rosehip. This broth activates the body's immune system.
Nettle recipe n. 17
Nettle for varicose veins helps eliminate high platelet count. Treatment can be carried out both with the help of specialized decoctions, and with other methods. Treating the affected areas with a nettle broom is considered especially effective for treating varicose veins. The movements should be from feet to hips. The first hours the treated areas will itch, but then everything will pass. The advantage of this procedure is the activation of blood flow.
Herbal medications for varicose veins also include taking decoctions based on nettle. 2 tablespoons of dried leaves of the plant should be crushed and then added to a thermos, pouring 2 cups of boiling water. The product must be infused for 3-4 hours. Once the infusion is ready, 1/3 of the total volume is consumed 3 times a day. When the liquid runs out, you need to cook more.
Recipe # 18 based on aloe
With the help of aloe, varicose veins can be treated only in the initial stages. The plant promotes tissue regeneration, but in itself there is no need to help with disease. It is recommended to combine it with pharmacotherapy. Aloe for varicose veins can be used in the following ways:
- Rub your feet with aloe juice. This will help relieve muscle spasms and reduce swelling in your legs.
- Mix 100 grams of aloe juice with 5 grams of mummy. The legs are lubricated 2 times a day for 28 days. This remedy also promotes the healing of minor skin lesions, but cannot be used for trophic ulcers.
- Mix the Kalanchoe and aloe juice in equal proportions and then add 30 ml of vodka. Stir the mixture well and then use it to rub your feet.
- Mix equal parts of aloe juice, sea buckthorn and olive oil, and then rub the resulting mixture on the legs 2 times a day for 1. 5 months.
Recipe no. 19 based on the golden mustache
Collision is known as a universal cure for various diseases. The efficacy of the plant in treating various ailments is very easy to explain. It has a rich composition. Using golden mustaches for varicose veins together with other herbs has a stronger effect than using a single herb. To improve blood flow, it is recommended to use the following folk remedy for varicose veins:
- 3-4 finely cut leaves of a golden mustache are mixed with 2 glasses of honey;
- add the juice of 6 lemons and 5 crushed garlic heads to the mixture;
- components are thoroughly mixed, covered in a glass container, and infused for 7 days.
The resulting mixture is taken in 2 teaspoons 2 times a day for a month. This composition will help to eliminate complications with varicose veins and reduce severe edema.
Lilac Recipe No. 20
Lilac tincture for varicose veins is made from leaves according to the standard scheme, that is, they fill half a 500 ml jar with them, and then add vodka there. The mixture is infused for a week, and then the limbs are coated with the resulting medicine. It is allowed to use the flowers of this plant instead of leaves. Traditional healers recommend the use of lilac bark in the fight against venous ganglia. It is applied to the affected area and fixed on top with a bandage. You need to wear such a compress all day.
Recipe # 21 made from flax seeds
Use flaxseed for varicose veins if severe swelling is observed. This product will help remove excess fluid. Healers recommend using a flax seed decoction every 2 hours. Prepare it as follows:
- Put 500 ml of water on the fire and bring to a boil;
- add 4 tablespoons of flax seeds;
- the mixture is boiled for 15 minutes and then cooled and filtered if necessary.
Take the resulting broth should be 4 tablespoons every 2 hours until the swelling is less. Be sure to read the contraindications for use before using the product. They are in the seed packet.
Clay recipe no. 22
Doctors are ambiguous about treating varicose veins with mud. Some experts say that these procedures improve blood circulation, help the body rid itself of toxins, while others argue that they can harm.
Mud treatment for varicose veins should be cold. At home, peloid therapy is done using body wraps. Will need:
- wooden bowl and spoon (metal cannot be used);
- cling film;
- dirt (available at a pharmacy or beauty store);
- various additives.
In some cases, clay can be added to mud. These components work well with each other. The mixture is diluted with water at room temperature to obtain a sour cream, and then applied to the areas affected by varicose veins. This composition stays on the skin for 1-2 hours. If you feel dry or tight, rinse off the dirt, check your body for allergies, and apply a moisturizer.
Carrots Recipe # 23
Carrot tops for varicose veins have been used for 30 years. The top of the plant can be obtained from any summer resident. Before preparing the tincture of this part of the vegetable, it is necessary to blanch the leaves with boiling water. This manipulation will relieve the plant of the bitter taste. A remedy for the treatment of varicose blood vessels can be prepared according to one of these recipes:
- For the broth, mix 10 tablespoons of finely chopped tapas with 2 liters of water. The resulting mixture is heated over low heat, filtered and then taken in 20 ml 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 14 days.
- A tablespoon of dry raw material is poured with 500 ml of boiled water, infused for 1 hour and then consumed in 100 ml 3 times a day.
- A more concentrated infusion is prepared in a thermos. Pour 1 tablespoon of herbs with a glass of boiling water and then let it steep for 30 minutes. Once the infusion has cooled, drink it all. Take up to 5 servings of this product per day.
Clay Recipe No. 24
This fine-grained sedimentary rock is used in various cosmetic procedures. Best used for the treatment of vascular diseases, blue clay. Perfectly penetrates skin barriers and contains many beneficial trace elements. The most popular is the following clay recipe:
- 200-300 grams of dry raw materials are diluted with water to the consistency of thick sour cream;
- the resulting mixture is placed in areas where there are swollen veins (layer thickness - 2 cm);
- a terry towel is placed on the leather with clay;
- , if you wish, you can fix the applique with cling film.
Keep the resulting product on your feet for at least 2 hours. Healers recommend doing one application every day. The duration of treatment is 1. 5 months. Once the feet have improved, the thick clay mixture can be replaced with a terry cloth soaked in a clay solution.
Remember, clay is not for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, replace the blue clay with red or pink if it is dry or irritated. If acne occurs, the product must be discarded.
Hydrogen Peroxide Recipe # 25
This popular technique is considered a bit dangerous for health, and especially for the pancreas, so a doctor's consultation is required. Hydrogen peroxide from varicose veins is used in two ways. The first is to take the medicine by mouth. 1 drop of peroxide is diluted in 3 tablespoons of water and consumed 2 hours after a meal. Every day, the concentration of the substance increases by 1 drop, bringing it to 10 drops. After that, take a 72 hour break and start taking 10 drops every 2 days. A 3-day break is made between doses.
The second method is more invasive. The patient prepares a 0. 015% hydrogen peroxide solution and then injects it intravenously through a drip. If you are not experienced in such manipulations, it is better not to. This introduction of hydrogen promotes the release of atomic oxygen. The walls of the vessels are cleaned, so the edema disappears. The maximum administered dose of the substance at one time is 250 ml.
Duration and rules of treatment with home remedies
One of the main factors affecting the effectiveness of an alternative treatment is the stage of the disease. With a slight stretching of the vessels they will help relieve swelling, improve the condition of the skin and restore the tone of the veins. Knowing what you are afraid of varicose veins, you can prevent their further development, but you should not completely stop treatment after the symptoms of the disease disappear. You will have to repeat the procedures with the home remedies that you came up with every 3-4 months to avoid relapse. Treatment rules:
- Mix the ingredients in the proportion recommended in the recipes.
- In case of burning, itching and other incomprehensible reactions, stop using the product.
- Use the finished medication for the entire recommended treatment period, and not until the first improvements.
- Store in a cool place to avoid premature deterioration.
Combination with traditional treatment methods
It is possible to introduce traditional medicine into drug therapy only with the permission of a phlebologist. Remember that at least 2 hours must elapse between the use of tinctures and different tablets. When using home remedies, you should be clear that they cannot replace medications, although some healers claim that they are not. Also, some homemade medicines can be life-threatening, so treatment with such methods must be carried out very carefully.
Possible risks and contraindications
Home remedies are not a panacea. They themselves can cause allergies and other negative reactions from the body. The use of traditional medicine is contraindicated for the following ailments:
- stomach and intestinal diseases;
- problems with blood clotting;
- liver and kidney diseases;
- an advanced stage of varicose veins accompanied by venous thrombosis.
Patients should discuss any treatment with a physician. It is not recommended to independently prescribe traditional medicine without examining the body.