Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease, which in its advanced stage is plagued by trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, up to the amputation of a limb. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease, treating varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies can help, with the help of herbal decoctions, tinctures and ointments.
What are varicose veins in the legs?
Many older people are very aware of what varicose veins are, although this ailment is manifesting itself more and more in young people. We are talking about swelling of the veins under the skin, mainly in the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, they stick out as lumps. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clusters" grow, which burst on impact.
It is necessary to use home remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities already at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps;
- protruding veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with home remedies?
So far, discussions are breaking out between representatives of official and traditional medicine about whether home remedies help with varicose veins. But most doctors tend to believe that in the initial stages and in combination with medications, decoctions and ointments work well. This disease most often manifests itself in people who spend their working day on their feet, so these funds are important to them as preventive measures.
When choosing components, it is recommended to buy those that are easy to prepare and that can keep cold for a long time. Home remedies for varicose veins help:
- remove the swelling;
- improve the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduces blood viscosity, accelerates blood flow;
- normalizes the clearance valves.
Home remedies against varicose veins
There are many recipes on how to treat varicose veins with home remedies on the legs. With a heavy load on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water on them at night, make baths with broths, clean sore spots with ice cubes. A contrast shower and swimming help strengthen the veins.
Long-standing home remedies for varicose veins involve the use of herbs in:
- bells and whistles;
- rub with oil;
Herbs for varicose veins
The main component of such treatment is herbs, for varicose veins in the legs they are used both internally and externally, in combination with drugs and separately, but at the onset of the disease. During the disease, the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help to restore metabolic processes, strengthen the walls of capillaries.
This treatment of varicose veins in the legs is recommended with home remedies:
- Warm burdock leaf in water bath, apply warm to sore spot, fix compress overnight. You can repeat it for several days.
- Moisten a bandage with celandine juice and apply to a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for one week.
- Prepare chamomile broth, insist for half an hour. Make a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even when using herbs to observe the measure, many plants that offer home remedies for varicose veins in the legs contain toxic substances, an overdose of which can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises, alternating with a contrast shower.
Proven experience in treating leg varicose veins with home remedies involves the use of essential oils, which eliminate pain and swelling, tone and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubs. Recommended to mix with base oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils to treat varicose veins:
Essential oil blend recipe
- Juniper essential oil - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tbsp. per spoon.
- Melt the almond oil, cool.
- Mix with essential.
- Rub sore spots at night.
Natural remedies for varicose veins
It is best to use natural home remedies against varicose veins on the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is 1 to 5 and 20. For a single dose, the mummy isputs 0. 3 g, the mixture is taken orally in the morning and in the evening, the course is designed for a month, then you need a break of 10 days. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with home remedies
For many years, treating varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies such as flax decoction and apple cider vinegar has been popular. The latter contains more than 20 mineral substances useful for blood vessels, helps establish blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens the walls of the veins. It is recommended to take 1 tablespoon. spoon for 1 tbsp. water on an empty stomach. Less: people with high acidity can not drink.
A similar situation: with lemon recipes, its juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tablespoon per day. spoon. A good effect is obtained by treating with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is also attributed a rejuvenating effect, thins the blood and improves blood flow.
Nettle spirit tincture recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tbsp. spoons
- vodka - 0, 5 l.
- Pour raw material with vodka, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tablespoon. spoon three times a day before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
Not for nothing popular recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to nettle, it helps to eliminate the high platelet count, which is extremely important in this disease. Since ancient times, a nettle broom was considered the best remedy, the movement had to go from the feet to the hips. Blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone can tolerate such treatment. Therefore, there is a greater demand for an aqueous infusion of this plant.
Nettle infusion recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour boiling water over the raw materials in a thermos.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink a third of the volume three times a day.
Broths for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with home remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, and then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking, but you need to take them for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help eliminate inflammation and improve the condition of the veins.
Recipes for decoctions of varicose veins for bathrooms:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw materials with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Calendula flowers.Raised 4 tbsp. tablespoons of dried flowers in 0, 5 liters of water, boil for 25-30 minutes.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins
For a long time, recipes for medicinal mixtures for such an ailment have been passed down from parent to child, and today many prepare an ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very affordable. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains useful arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark, herb celandine are added. You can take a fatty baby cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight, wash off with warm water in the morning.
But it is important to consider that these ointments are good for a mild form of the disease, if the disease starts, more effective ingredients are needed. Home remedies for varicose veins recommend horse chestnut, in its fruits there are many glycosides, which improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and eliminate inflammation.
Horse chestnut ointment recipe
- chestnut nuts - 6 pieces. ;
- dried chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Grind the fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Top with vegetable oil from 1 to 10.
- Insist in the dark for 10 days.
- Boil for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate sore spots 2 times a day.
Effective traditional methods to treat varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more and more common in the population. There are many reasons for this: from immobility to vascular weakness to heredity. Modern medicine offers many remedies for this ailment. But many people prefer home remedies for varicose veins. How effective they are will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and wraps
In fact, there are many popular recipes for varicose veins. People have long understood that true cures for many ailments grow under our feet. And we learned to use them correctly.
Among the traditional methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments;
- applications, etc.
Treating varicose veins at home involves both the alternative and simultaneous use of these methods.
Grated raw potatoes
It's easy to make a raw potato compress, but it should be fresh. Potatoes should be peeled, washed, grated, then laid out on gauze or cloth (which must first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the sore legs. This compress should be kept for about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with green tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the Internet, this tool really helps to get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take some green tomatoes, cut each one lengthwise. Apply half a tomato on the affected areas, keep until burned.
Better to be treated this way in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will bring little benefit.
Then remove and place the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this remedy, the swelling, pain, and veins become less noticeable.
At home, you can treat varicose veins with beekeeping products (propolis, honey). Popular recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the fabric and then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the compress on the first day for two hours, the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this remedy, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Tinctures for grinding and alcohol
In the treatment of varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also quite effective.
This honey and onion rub recipe helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a glass of honey, it should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix honey, onion, and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the legs with this mixture, wrap with aluminum foil.
- Bandage on top.
In the first run, remove the film after two hours, in the second after three, the next day after four. Then you can leave it overnight. The procedure must be done within ten days to achieve the best possible effect.
There are also other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh Kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh Kalanchoe leaves are required to prepare the tincture. There should be enough to fill a half-liter jar. Then you need to fill the raw material with vodka to the top, stopper with cork and put in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain and rub the sore veins on the legs with tincture. This must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no result. After a month, the stars will disappear.
The pungent-smelling roots of this bog plant also help eliminate varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Pour with vodka or alcohol, place in a cool place protected from light for 2 weeks. Then strain, rub sore legs with this tincture every day for a month. It is best to do this before going to bed. After two weeks, the result of the treatment will be noticeable.
Immature green walnuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June or early July. The walnuts must be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. Insist in a tightly closed container for ten days. Shake the container every day.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, which prevents abnormal expansion or damage.
The tincture can be used both internally and for rubbing. You should drink it twenty drops three times a day half an hour before meals. Drink ten days, then rest for the same number of days, then repeat the course.
This remedy strengthens blood vessels well, helps reduce swelling and pain, relieves heaviness in the legs. It is capable of eliminating spider veins, as well as preventing the appearance of new ones. Rub this leg tincture once a day, preferably before bed for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal teas. There are many such recipes. There are quite a few medicinal herbs that can cure varicose veins.
What herbs help with this ailment? First of all, horse chestnut. In any reference book there is the same information about the usefulness of this plant for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This miracle plant grows only in the mountains. There is no use looking for it in the center lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round spiny fruits. They are used to prepare tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this beneficial plant:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic liver and kidney diseases;
- age of the children;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to horse chestnut, other medicinal plants are known for this disease:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- St. John's wort;
- white acacia;
- banana, etc.
You can suggest other recipes to treat the disease.
Antonov apple infusion
Antonov apples are distinguished by their unique delicate aroma and bitter taste. But few know that infusing them can help with this ailment. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You have to peel them, chop them, cut the apples. Together with the peel, the chopped apples should be poured with a liter of water and put on low heat.
Once the water has boiled, keep the fire on the fire for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take half a cup of infusion three times before eating. A contraindication to taking this recipe is an increase in stomach acidity and a tendency to hypertension.
Decoction of hops
This recipe will call for 50 grams of hop cones. They should be poured with half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, keep for a few more minutes.
The finished infusion should be rubbed into the skin of the legs from the foot to the knee for 3 months twice a day.
Then remove from heat, drain, cool. Drink a quarter glass twice a day after meals. You can not use this recipe for those who suffer from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
For the treatment of this ailment, collections of various useful herbs are often used. But be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Several fees worth suggesting:
- Take yarrow herb, raspberry root, banana, chamomile, and horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, remove, leave to infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Icelandic moss take in equal proportions, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter glass 4 p. per day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Strain, drink half a glass after meals four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month and then take a break. After that, you can repeat the course. However, you need to be careful about the manifestation of side effects when using these funds. A rash or diarrhea may appear. In this case, the intake of herbs should be stopped.
Baths for varicose veins
In addition to using various infusions and rubs, you can do foot baths. At the same time, herbal decoctions, various essential oils are added. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation may be recommended:
Take herbs in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain. Pour into a bath (about 5 liters), lower your feet into it. The water should not be too hot. Hold your feet until the water cools completely. Then apply a medicated ointment.
It should be remembered that this disease cannot be cured with home remedies alone. Be sure to use the medications prescribed by the doctor. Traditional medicine should only help the main treatment. Its advantage is in the minimum number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with home remedies
One of the components of complex therapy for varicose veins in the lower extremities is the use of alternative medicine methods. There is an extensive list of traditional medications that help to quickly reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. They are also widely used for the prevention of pathologies.
Home remedies for varicose veins in the legs: benefits and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, at the manifestation of the slightest signs of the disease, you should immediately seek qualified medical help.
Often in medical practice, at the initial stage of the development of the disease, phlebologists, together with drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The great popularity of these therapy methods is easily explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- A large selection of products allows you to choose the most suitable recipe for each individual case.
- The availability of home remedies.
- Naturalness of the components.
- It has a pleasant aroma.
- Long-term preservation of medicinal properties.
- Possibility of combined use with conservative therapy methods and various types of natural medicines.
Despite the high efficiency of treating varicose veins at home, there are several contraindications in which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These states include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of a natural medicine.
- Dermatological eruptions and other types of skin lesions.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, particularly the stomach and intestines.
- Liver and kidney disease.
Neglect of contraindications to the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to a worsening of the general state of health and the rapid development of the disease.
The treatment of varicose veins with home remedies, with their correct and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of pathological symptoms.
- Strengthening the venous walls and restoring their elasticity.
- Normalization of blood and lymphatic flow processes.
- Relief of inflammatory processes formed in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be done exclusively in consultation with the treating physician. A specialist, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease and the general health of the patient, will select the most suitable drugs based on natural ingredients.
What helps with varicose veins in the legs
Unlike synthetic pharmaceuticals, natural medications have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you need to undergo a consultation examination with a phlebologist and a naturopath.
Among a wide variety of specialists, we will help you choose the most suitable means to prepare medicines for both external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are used most frequently in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs:
- Nutmeg. Helps to stimulate blood flow, reduces inflammation of the affected areas of the venous walls. It is used for the daily preparation of the infusion, which should be taken every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and their structure is strengthened. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, linseed, black cumin, garlic, and sandalwood. Used for balneotherapy and massages. It helps to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels and to eliminate the swelling of the legs.
- Bee products: propolis, honey, podmore, bee venom. It is used for the preparation of various types of medications and procedures. This is due to the presence in its composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. It contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Most of the time it is used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. An effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. As a rule, it is used for the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. Also, fat is effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue clay. It is the most optimal of all varieties, since it affects the walls of the affected vessels to the maximum and stabilizes blood flow. It is used to make applications.
The list of traditional medicines that are used in the treatment of varicose veins in the legs is very extensive. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potatoes, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body and, in particular, on the work of the organs of the circulatory system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients are perfectly suited to these tasks. Oral intake of home remedies for varicose veins in the legs helps to normalize the blood flow in the body and improves your immune system.
Reception of folk remedies inside should be carried out exclusively as directed by a doctor. Many medications suitable for treating varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs of the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins of the legs. The systematic use of natural drugs can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the general condition of the vascular system.