Varicose veins – a disease characterized by an increase in the lumen of the vessels, violation of work of the device and the emergence of the return current of the blood. The process may have been in different places, therefore, of the species of various disease:
- varicose veins of the esophagus;
- the veins of the rectum (hemorrhoids);
- the veins of the pelvis;
- the veins of seed cord (varicocele);
- the veins of the lower extremities.
What is common is varicose veins of the feet. According to some estimates, affects more than 30 % of the population, and the greater part of them are women. The varicose veins of the feet is not only ugly to speakers of vienna, but a lot of sensations that are unpleasant and inconvenient. The process is accompanied by the gravity, the pain, the edema, often leads to dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers. Many would like to know how to get rid of varicose veins forever, as it worsens significantly the quality of life. But, unfortunately, the phenomenon is irreversible, and the only thing you can do is stop or slow down the progression of the disease.
The causes of the
The causes of varicose veins until now not exactly clarified. It is clear that the disease is related to the thinning, weakness, and loss of elasticity of the vascular wall, as well as the incompetence of the valves. As a result of vienna are made of unevenly advanced, with, long, nodose. There is the belief that the main role in the onset of the disease plays a genetic predisposition, that is to say, since the birth of the weakness of the vessels and are lower than the valves.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins, although they are not its causes:
- The inheritance (it is estimated that the risk of developing the disease in human beings, whose parents suffer from it, is up to 70%).
- Membership in the female gender. This is due to the hormonal changes at puberty, during pregnancy and the change of life, as well as the reception of hormonal contraceptives and the use of shoes with high heels.
- The labour activity related to the prolonged legs or in a sitting position (hairdressers, sellers, surgeons, waiters, drivers, accountants, programmers, and others).
- In patients of advanced age, in which the weakening of the walls of the vessels and the wear of the valve train of the device – a natural phenomenon.
- Of the surgery.
- The sedentary lifestyle.
- The increase in intra-abdominal pressure in relation to excess weight, pregnancy, lifting weights (the magazines, the athletes, weightlifters), frequency of contractions during the chronic constipation and coughing.
Methods of treatment
Varicose vein is a chronic process that begins slowly and with time only moves forward. Completely defeat the disease, today it can't be, but inhibit the development and reduce the symptoms you can, if you apply a comprehensive treatment, which includes:
- change of life style;
- the diet;
- curative physical education;
- compression therapy;
- medications to (for the reception inside and the local destination);
- the surgical intervention;
- thermal procedures;
- popular methods.
Fight with the veins varicosasom that will last a lifetime. Take care of self-treatment. It is necessary to examine the flebologa or vascular surgeon, who will make the diagnosis, determine the stage of the disease and the severity of the injury, shall appoint a proper treatment. The main task – to eliminate or reduce the clinical manifestations, to stop the progression of, prevent relapse and the development of complications.
The effectiveness of the treatment will depend on the execution of the sick of all the recommendations of your doctor. It is important to ask for help at an early stage, when there is still no pain, but appeared of night swelling, heaviness and tiredness of the legs, small spider veins on the skin.Correction of style of life
Without lifestyle changes you can not fight effectively against the veins varicosasom. The rules that you must follow, absolutely trivial, and its breach is usually related to the lack of strength of will or an irresponsible attitude on the part of your health.
- The normal maintenance of the body's mass.
- The farewell of addictions: alcohol and tobacco.
- The waiver of the sun, the visit of peers and saunas, taking hot baths (including foot).
- The resignation of high heels (no more than 4-5 cm).
- The special use of knitted elastic.
- Ensure the motor activity. This can be walking, swimming, therapeutic exercise, some sports. Important to exclude squats, weight lifting, long distance races, jumps, martial arts.
- With proper nutrition. In the diet should be fresh vegetables, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and shellfish. Amount of meat is recommended to reduce. It is necessary to stop smoked, roasted, salty, fat. Drinks to give preference to green tea, drinking water, juice, beverage, natural, fresh, juices, and limit the coffee.
- Take advantage of any opportunity during the day to raise your legs upwards in an angle of approximately 20 degrees.
- Purchase a pillow for your feet, so that during the dream were above the level of the heart.
- Try as often as possible to rinse the feet in cold water.
Special knit elastic offers on sale today in a wide variety of. It is up to the knee, stockings, socks of different colors and density, which almost do not differ from the conventional. Became a good alternative uncomfortable in the implementation and outwardly ugly bandage.
Special point you can not treat varicose veins, but it improves the microcirculation, reduces the load on vienna, does not give you the blood to pool, reducing the diameter of the blood vessels, increases the reflux of the venous blood and lymphatic. The person feels lightness in the legs, at night, they are tired less, swelling of the lack.
The first time without the habits of wearing high compressive knitted fabric manually, it will be difficult. To make your task easier, you can purchase a special device.
Distinguished four of the therapeutic class of the knitted fabric, as a function of pressure. You can only carry the product of 1st class of compression, which are considered preventive and are designed for healthy people. The rest, you should appoint a doctor depending on the diagnosis and degree of severity of the varicose veins. You should know that the compression of the product may be contra-indicated for some diseases. Pantyhose or stockings picks up medic strictly, according to the size, otherwise, the desired effect is not.The pharmacological treatment
For the treatment of varicose veins using tools and tablet in the form of gels, creams and ointments diverse spectrum of action. They increase the vascular tone, improve the microcirculation, contribute to the avalanche of the blood, preventing the change of the epidermis. The drugs are designed to eliminate fatigue, heaviness, discomfort, swelling, itching, cramping, and pain in the legs. Assign strictly individual.
The main means of treatment of varicose veins is venotonics. They are made of horse chestnut, the routine, the leaves of the grape, and almost always well-tolerated by the patients. Are available in the form of pills, capsules, gels.
It should be applied daily in the legs advanced of the veins of gel or cream and mash the slight movements.
To reduce the viscosity of the blood and reduce the likelihood of developing thrombophlebitis apply the blood thinners. Is an ointment-based heparin refrigerants supplements in the form of menthol, camphor, eucalyptus. In addition to the liquefaction of the blood, which prevent the development of thrombophlebitis.
When the changes of the skin that cause itching, they may appoint antihistamines. When the inflammation of the prescription of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pills.The surgical intervention
For the removal of varicose veins, carries out operations of removal of the affected part of the vessel, to stop the discharge of blood from the surface of the deep vein. The operation is called a phlebectomy. In the classical view that today applies increasingly less in relation to the emergence of new, less traumatic ways of fight against the veins varicosasom. This type of treatment, as a general rule, it is displayed in the case of large diameters of the veins and execution of cases of the disease.
The smoother is the method microflebectomy, in which the plot of vienna removed the parties and not through the incision, and through a perforation.Thermal methods of
Radiofrequency ablation is considered as the safest and less traumatic way to treat varicose veins, although it has some contraindications. The method consists of the thermal effects of the microwaves, in consequence, lumen venous is closed. Main advantages:
- the outpatient treatment;
- you do not need anesthesia and the incision;
- the restoration does not take much time;
- the procedure is easy to carry;
- it can be done in the summer;
- the cardinals, after the treatment, not, the inflammation and the pain of minor importance.
Radiofrequency ablation – less traumatic method of treatment of varicose veins.
Coagulation by laser is another method of treatment of the varicose disease. During the procedure the wall of the vessel affect laser. The radiation causes the agglutination of the wall of the vein and the total closure of the light. Is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia and without cuts. In the lumen of the vein, a catheter is inserted through which is injected the led and is served by the radiation. The procedure without trauma, complications occur very rarely.Sclerotherapy
This non-surgical method one of the most common. It is applied in small veins and as part of a comprehensive treatment, along with surgery. The conclusion is that, with the help of a needle in a vein, you inject a special drug with a sclerosing action. As a result of this, the gluing of the walls of the vessel, the closure and cessation of bleeding. Affected of vienna becomes fibrous shot. The main advantages of the method:
- the outpatient treatment;
- the small travmatichnost;
- the simplicity of the implementation;
- the duration of the procedure is about 20 minutes;
- good cosmetic effect.
If you start the disease, may develop this complication, such as thrombosis of the deep veins.Popular methods of
The tincture of the nuts In the dishes of glass-pour the crushed unripe walnuts and pour the olive oil. Put the sun in 40 days. Apply the desired tool, which lubricates the affected area. The treatment to continue for about four months.The cabbage leaf
Hit the cabbage leaf, to a party, apply a layer of olive oil, accompanied by that party to a person who is sick stretch, bandage and leave for the day. Continue the treatment for a month.The horse chestnut
It is one of the most effective remedies. For the treatment of varicose veins prepares the tincture of the fruits of the plants that you want to grind, I fill up half a container of glass (can of three liters) and pour the brandy. Store in a dark place, in the month, from time to time, stirring constantly. When you are ready, rub the sick area for the night. The tincture of alcohol of brazil nuts for use in exterior and interior varicose veins can buy at the pharmacy.
Therapeutic exercise is an integral part of the comprehensive care of the varicose veins.Exercises
The occurrence of varicose veins can arise the question of whether they can participate in physical activities and sports, and what kind of exercises are useful. Most doctors agree that the motor activity with this disease is very important, because the veins are useful in the dynamic, and is detrimental to the static. But no less important to see the doctor and what sports are offered and what charges will be optimal. In addition, the patient may be shown special gymnastics, which is passed directly to the health institution. At home you can perform simple but effective exercises, with regular classes to help reduce the symptoms of the varicose disease.
- Lie on your back, under the feet of put the pillow so that it lifted at an angle of 20 degrees. Close your eyes, relax, breathe deeply.
- In the supine position raise your feet in an upright position and rotate the feet alternately inward and outward.
- Relax and do the foot movement to ride a bike.
- Lying on the back, lift the legs and make them a crossing (scissors).
- Stand up straight, arms down, legs together. Slowly lift heels and then, in the same manner to slowly sink.
- Walking in the place, the socks for the floor to keep.
- Sitting in a chair with the flexion of the leg at the ankle joint in the same and himself, and then, similar to the bending of the fingers.
- The attack of the feet elastic with a jet of water alternatively cold, hot).
Varicose veins irreversible process, but treatment must necessarily, more that the modern methods that should be applied in the complex, are many. Without treatment, the risk of development of complications such as chronic venous insufficiency, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, ulcers trophic, and although this is a dangerous condition that can end in death, such as pulmonary embolism.