Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with the help of medications do not always have a positive effect.
They are especially difficult to cure varicose veins, if you are in the stage of execution. In this case, surgery is the only option to correct the pathology.
For many people, the operation appears terrible to the procedure, so that for a long time afraid to go to the doctor, to depend on what you are allowed forms of treatment. The disease continues to progress, and worsen the patient's condition.
The operation when the varices of the lower members is assigned in the following circumstances:
- if subcutaneous vienna increased as a result of the pathology;
- if the disease is in the stage of execution, when the treatment of varicose veins of drugs or remedies don't help;
- in the case of formation of venous ulcers in the epidermis;
- if disorders occur vascular the circulation of the blood, as a result of which the patient experiences constant fatigue, they fatigue quickly, feeling pain and heaviness in the legs;
- if it has been formed acute thrombophlebitis;
- if you have trophic lesions of the skin.
For some patients, surgery of varicose veins in the legs may be contraindicated. Factors that hinder the realization of a surgical intervention are:
- severe infections of the disease;
- ischemic disease;
- the patient's age (older than 70 years);
- skin diseases – eczema, erysipilatous inflammation, etc;
- the second half of the pregnancy.
The operation more effective and safe treatment of varicose veins. An experienced doctor may be able to quickly remove the pathology and the patient will return to normal, without experiencing the suffering that will cause the disease.
Types of intervention
Type of surgery is defined in function of the individual characteristics of the incidence of the disease. Some types of operation, suitable for one person, may well not be so for another. Before scheduling the operation, the doctor studies the form of the disease, the symptoms, as well as the risk of development of complications.
More laborious and complex, related to the high probability of developing complications, it is phlebectomy operation of removal of varicose veins. Your set only in cases in which other treatment methods are not able to exert any favorable effect.
In the process of this operation in the patient's groin are small (3-5 mm) incisions, through which affected then with the vein in the place where it flows in a deep vein, then cut and pull the feet with the help of the probes. After the removal of the veins in the place of the incisions put eliminate the seams. The operation lasts from 1 to 2 hours, and the patient is in the hospital not more than a day, and then leave to go home.
A variant of the phlebectomies is such a procedure as miniphlebectomy, in which the body does not make the cuts and punctures. This method allows you to perform the operation with less injury to the epidermis and shorten the rehabilitation period.
Expoliantes – another type of surgical treatment of varicose veins. During this procedure, it extracts all of the vienna full, but only a little of his plot, which was varicose extension. The deletion is performed through punctures in the skin, which helps avoid overlapping of the seams.
Less traumatic to the method of intervention, it is considered sclerotherapy. It is in that, with the help of the ultrasound determines the exact location of the extension of the vein into which it is injected particular substance (sclerosant). This substance adheres to the affected vessels, preventing blood flow for him. After this operation, in the place of the sick in vienna, form scar tissue, disappearance of the swelling. The patient ceases to torment the severity and the pain in the feet, and if they have taken place ulcers trophic, quickly heal.
Sclerotherapy is of two types:
- Echo-deduxit sclerotherapy. This operation is applied in the case that the diameter of the affected veins reached 1 cm or more. First vienna were studied with the help of special device – a duplex scanner, and then under his control is performed puncture, after that in the vein a sclerosant. This procedure allows to reduce the diameter surprised with the glass and restore the normal movement of blood for him.
- Sclerosing foam. More safe, and completely painless type of sclerotherapy. In the village, the vessel injected from special foam, which is filled and suspends the flow of blood in the interior of the vessel.
To maximize the effect, it is done several treatments of sclerotherapy. The recurrence of varicose veins after she almost does not happen.
Coagulation by laser
The operation of removal of the varicose veins with laser is considered as the most technological pretext of the fight against varicose veins and help to eliminate the extension of the vein in 90% of patients. During this procedure, the cutting of tissues is not performed, which allows to avoid cosmetic defects.
Through a perforation in the skin introduces laser fiber optic that emits light waves. Under the action of the dissolution of the patient's vessel. This method is characterized by its low number of relapse – repeated instances of the education of the varicose veins that occur only 5% of patients.
Similar to a laser coagulation method of treatment of varicose veins is radio frequency, contritio. The essence of the method consists in the influence in the vein of a microwave, it heats up the container, causing your "welding". This method of treatment is considered the easiest way and without pain. It can be applied in severe cases, when vienna reached large sizes.
The possible consequences and the state in the post-operative period
Almost all types of operations conducted to remove varicose veins of the legs, it is passed securely and cause complications in very rare cases.
The increased likelihood of complications and a serious rupture of the rehabilitation occurs when phlebectomies. In the remote area of vienna can occur bruising, and sometimes cuts can the blood flowing, as near are other tributaries of the veins.
Through 2-3 days after the surgery, some patients may increase temperature. This happens due to the asepsis of the inflammatory processes in the blood that accumulates under the skin.
If accumulated in the blood for a long, in the veins of the legs can form lumps, painful to the touch. If the skin on the puzzle family acquired a reddish tint, then began to bacterial inflammation. In this case, you need urgent hospitalization.
Other possible complications after the operation may be:
- Numbness of the skin, pain sensation. Originate in the event that at the time of the operation have been damaged by the nerve endings. With the time the pain is gone, and the sensitivity of the skin to recover.
- The appearance of bruises. They are formed when phlebectomies, as it is quite traumatica of the operation. After a time, usually not more than a month, they disappear completely. When minimally invasive treatment (sclerotherapy or coagulation laser) bruising almost never stay.
- The swelling. May appear, if the patient does not follow the doctor's prescriptions in the post-operative period – it moves a lot, it is not special clothing or is exposed to a great physical effort.
After the operation, most patients remain sedentary life style. Due to the lack of physical activity, you may be experiencing this dangerous phenomenon, such as acute thrombosis of the deep veins of the lower extremities. To prevent this, it is necessary to do special exercises, follow a diet and take medications to prevent thrombosis.
The rehabilitation after the removal of varices of the lower limbs
The compliance of the indications of your doctor in the post-operative period is the most important part of the treatment and the prevention of the recurrence of varicose veins. The majority of patients are advised to:
- Securely assemble the leg of the elastic bandage.
- Wear a compression garment – special socks or stockings.
- Do not lift more than 10 kg during the first six months after surgery.
- Moderate exercise physical exercise – sports walking, swimming, bike riding.
- Control the body weight in case of problems with overweight.
- Each year pass course of the reception of venotonic drugs.
Within 3 days after the surgery the patients it is strictly forbidden to smoke and drink alcohol, sunbathe, lift weights, to drive the car and take a hot tub bath.
When you see the pain in the operated leg can help a light massage, which you can carry out by itself.
The recommendations for the prevention of relapses
Even if the operation of removal of the varicose veins was performed with success, there is always the risk of developing the disease again. To reduce to a minimum the likelihood of recurrence rates, it is necessary to observe preventive measures:
- lead an active lifestyle – playing sports often to walk in the fresh air;
- in the sitting position it is necessary to ensure that the position is equal, not to put one leg over the other, since this leads to the violation of the hemorrhage is venous;
- fighting with being overweight;
- moderately drinking coffee and tea;
- every morning you perform the gymnastics of the feet;
- give up too tight and narrow shoes and clothing.
Varicose veins are a disease that, even after the healing of the same requires the fulfilment of a certain lifestyle.
Preventive measures after surgery is necessary to see, not the first few months, and throughout life. Only thus will it be possible to normalize the state of your body and to eliminate the possibility of re-development of the disease.